Anyone who knows me knows that I love music. Music is probably one of the most important things in life to me. I don't necessarily possess any musical talent, but I do harbor a great appreciation for music and the feelings and emotions it can create. I like just about every genre of music there is; from classical to punk rock, from opera to classic rock, from country to new wave, from glam rock to raggae. I even like Disco if the mood is right! I am particularly hip to blues, from Delta Blues to Blues Rock. One of my favorite artists is Chris Isaak. With the exception of maybe Bob Marley, I have more Chris Isaak music on my MP3 player than any other musician. He is music Americana! He is the music love child of Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash. So you can see why I was so excited to go see a double billing show that included Blues Traveler and Chris Isaak this last weekend at Spring Mobile Park in Salt Lake City. What an amazing show. Music Rocks! In every way! Here are a few pics of the show.
In my opinion, John Popper IS Blues Traveler.
This guy can wail on the mouth organ!
Chalk up a victory for us fat guys!
I loved watching Tad Kinchla on bass. I have always had a love for the bass.
Sarah was stoked to hear the band round out their set with "Hook". One of her favorite songs.
Then came the headliner, Chris Isaak.
You can hear his idols, Presley, Lewis, Orbison and Cash in every song.
Here he is staring right at Sarah. Hands off, Chris. She's mine!
There aren't many crooners out there, but this cat knows how to woo the ladies!
He's "The Original All American Boy"

Here he is playing his one of a kind white Gibson
Rockin' it, Elvis style. The King would be proud.
Here is playing with Rowland Salley, bassist.
They did six covers from Orbison, Cash, Lewis, Perkins and Presley. They are releasing an album in September of all covers recorded in the Sun Records Studio. The same studio these legends recorded in. Should be a good one.
For the encore, he donned the shiny glass suit.
Seriously a phenomenal show.
If you have the chance, you should see the show. He is not just a great musician, he is a showman.
That's all folks. See you next time. I hope there is a next time.
1 comment:
I think music comes through your genes. Like heritage is passed through the generations, on my side of the family music and the love for music has been passed through the generations.
Post a Comment