Sunday, March 11, 2012

Conversations on a Swing Part Two

Daddy pushes The Lou on the swing in the backyard after weeding the flower beds. Weeds still litter the grass around the flower beds.

The Lou: "Are those weeds?"
Daddy: "Yes, they are."
The Lou: "Why are they not in the flower beds?"
Daddy: "Because weeds do not belong in the flower beds?"
The Lou: "So you took them out?"
Daddy: "Yes"
*Pause*
The Lou: "I like boyfriends."
Daddy: *Scared* "What?!"
The Lou: "I wish I could have a boyfriend right now."
Daddy: "Not until you are older, baby."
The Lou: "Boyfriends are like weeds, right daddy?"
Daddy: "Yes"
The Lou: "We don't like weeds, do we daddy."
Daddy: "No we don't."
The Lou: "Boyfriends are like weeds and girls are like flowers."
Daddy: "That's right."
The Lou: "Flowers are pretty."
Daddy: "Just remember, Daddy takes out the weeds."
The Lou: "Okay"
Daddy: "I love you, baby!"

No comments: