As I sit and watch him sleep,
I realize then, He is Me.
The way he sleeps.
The way he doesn't sleep.
The tossing and turning.
The snoring and churning.
He is Me.
I see the same light in him
that I feel in me.
I recognize his smile
When I look in the mirror.
That smile.
His laugh.
He is me.
His short, strong legs.
His barrel chest.
His upturned nose
His hair, neither blond nor brown.
Again, that Smile.
His contagious smile.
He is Me.
He is Me?
Will that always be?
I want him to have a love of life
And of family and friends.
I want him to be happy
and positive and free.
Just like me.
He is Me?
I want him to be smarter.
And braver.
To live life with no regrets.
And to pursue his dreams
With no restraint.
As I should have.
But for now I love him.
For all he is and all he will be.
And in spite of the fact that
He is Me.
~ Q (aka, Dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment