Wow! Just Wow! Whenever I try to find words, in between wiping my eyes, the only word I find is, Wow!
I replied briefly in Facebook, so some of this may be repetitive. My heart is full. I've never before in my life felt so much love, been the recipient of so many prayers and positive thoughts and never had so many offer help and support. I've had people offer me prayers, blessings, help with the kids, money, meals and the biggest give of all, their kidney. At his exact moment, what I need most are prayers and good thoughts and positive vibes. I surely don't deserve the response I've received, but I am and always and will be ever grateful for your expressions of love and concern. It honestly has been the most spiritually, mentally and emotionally draining three days of my life. I find myself purposely having to put down the phone and step away because it's too much to take in. It's certainly not a bad thing, but it is still a difficult thing.
Many of you have related to me in this situation. Whether it be that you are going through something difficult and find it hard to share with others or hard to ask for other's help. Some of you have shared with me how you or someone you know have had their lives saved by a selfless donor, while others have been donors yourselves. Some of you have lost loved ones to kidney disease because they couldn't find a donor in time or weren't viable candidates for transplant. I found such comfort in realizing this common ground we have. I've felt your love. It is this love and compassion that the world needs more of and I thank you for sharing it with me. It is inspirational. I've always believed the thought, "where much is given, much is required". Because I've been the recipient of your kindness, I feel an obligation to return it to each of you and those I will meet in my life. Thank you for your examples. Please know if I haven't had the time or emotional energy to respond to your outreach yet, I will.
Tomorrow is World Kidney Day. So many of you have offered yourselves to be tested as potential donors for me. Thank you. I'm not sure if I'll be qualified or not, but regardless, I will be an advocate for this moving forward as there is a great need. There are so many that have a need. Why must it take so long for these children, Mothers, Sisters, Brothers, Fathers and friends to get the life saving procedure they need? The delay is donors. In speaking to Randy, the friend that is guiding me through this, he spoke of a few he's worked with including a little girl and it breaks my heart to think of her. I've had an amazing 52 years and plan on having several more however I can, but this little girl has just begun life and needs a donor sooner than later. Again, many of you shared stories of someone you know and love who is waiting for a kidney or worse, has passed away while waiting. More donors means more lives saved.
I don't want to ramble on and on as I did in my previous post, but I did want to say, thank you. You have touched my heart and soul. I also want to encourage you, on this day, World Kidney Health Day, to learn more about and consider being a donor to save another's life. Please take time to educate yourself about keeping your kidneys healthy and safe. The flyer above was sent to me yesterday and the timing is perfect. Tune in to learn more about kidney health and how to help others.
No comments:
Post a Comment