One weird thing I've always done in my journal is keep lists. Some of them are personal, some are not. I thought I'd start posting some of them in this blog that has pretty much died. I didn't want it to die, I've just been too busy. I need to make more time for journaling and blogging and things of that nature. I really do believe these things are important and therapeutic. Anyway, here is the first of many lists! These are bands/musicians I've seen live in my lifetime thus far. They are in no particular order as this list is not a ranking.
- Michael Jackson
- Thompson Twins
- Thomas Dolby
- Beach Boys - xxxx
- Chuck Berry
- Temptations
- Frankie Valli
- Billy Joel
- Sting
- Billy Idol
- Violent Femmes
- Fab Four
- Rush - xxx
- Journey
- Barenaked Ladies - xxxxxxxxxxx
- Guster - xxx
- Gene Loves Jezebel
- B-52s
- Chris Isaak - xxxx
- Barry Manilow
- Tina Turner
- Spandau Ballet
- Howard Jones - xx
- Haircut 100
- ABC
- Vandals
- Circle Jerks
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies
- Def Leppard
- The Cult
- Duran Duran - xxx
- Bastille
- Depeche Mode
- Erasure
- Yaz
- OMD
- Tears For Fears - xxx
- Sophie B Hawkins
- Tracy Chapman
- Suzanne Vega
- Indigo Girls
- Smashmouth
- Oingo Boingo - xx
- New Order
- They Might Be Giants
- Aerosmith
- ZZ Top
- Foreigner
- Styx
- Oasis
- No Doubt
- Jane's Addiction
- 311
- Linkin Park
- Blind Melon
- Fastball
- Ben Folds Five
- Ben Folds
- English Beat - xxxxxxxxx
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters
- Blues Travelers
- Uncle Cracker
- Donnie Osmond
- Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Semi Sonic
- Dela Metri
- Colin Hay
- Men At Work
- Toto
- Cristopher Cross
- Jimmy Buffett - xxx
- Blondie
- Berlin
- Nile Rogers and Chic
- Stray Cats
- Squeeze
- Psychedelic Furs
- Flock of Seagulls
- AJR
- Almost Monday
- MXM Toon
- Alan Jackson
- George Strait
- Asleep at the Wheel
- The Tractors
- Aquabats
- Jimmy Eat World
- Stetch Armstrong
- Chump
- Fishbone
- Chicago
- Harry Connick, JR.
- John Williams and Boston Pops
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Nada Surf
- Jack Johnson
- Donovan Frankenreiter
- G-Love and the Special Sauce
- Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets
- Elvis Costello and the Attractions
- America
- Semisonic
- Papa Roach
- Collective Soul
- Brooks & Dunn
- Diamond Rio
- Third Eye Blind
- Sarah McLachlan
- Hootie and the Blowfish
- .38 Special
- Edwin McCain
- Dave Matthews Band
- Kaleo
- Ben Harper
- Reel Big Fish
- Less Than Jake
- Paula Fuga
- Eddie Vedder
- Willie Nelson
- Jake Shimabukuro
- Mason Jennings
I know there are a few more. I've added to this list over time as we attend new shows and/or remember a band or musician I forgot. Music is a special thing and it does my soul well to listen to it. I like just about every genre of music, but I think my concert attendance will significantly decrease as the cost to attend shows is getting ridiculous and in my old age, I'm far too annoyed by the crowds at the shows and the parking lots. There are a few shows I'd go to see anytime I have the chance, otherwise, I'm happy with passing.

No comments:
Post a Comment