Sunday, January 9, 2011

Heeeeeeeee'ssssss Back!

That's right! I'm Back! Most of you are probably thinking, "Who is he and where has he been?" Never you mind. What is important is that I was here in the blogging universe and due to an unfortunate experience I took a slight leave of absence and now I am back...and it feels great!

I had some unsavory characters stalking me on my blog and for the safety of my lovely wife and precious little angel, I turned my blog private. I appreciate everyone that expressed disappointment in my doing so and interest in following my privatized blog. You truly made me feel like a celebrity and, as if my head isn't already huge, inflated my ego. Unfortunately, I went from 35 unique visitors a day to about 3-5 a week! This was truly saddening.

I have asked myself many times, "Why should it matter?" I am not a voyeur or a narcissist! I guess I too in this manner have become part of the reality programming world. I don't think this is all bad. I realize I am blessed. I have been given so much in life. A loving family. A belief and faith in God. Loyal Friends. American citizenship. A love for life. An appreciation for all that is good. And so much more! I enjoy sharing it, so sue me.

This time around, I have learned my lessons. I will work hard to keep my identity more secure. In all entries of this blog, I will be known simply as "Q". This is easy as most know me as such. My wife will be "Pooh" (explanation to follow). Last but not least, my daughter will be "The Lou". I have to explain that when I first married Pooh, I called her _______ the Pooh. She did not immediately appreciate this but has come to enjoy it as a term of endearment.

I truly have been blessed and if you follow this blog it is my hope and prayer that you will feel my appreciation for my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me. I hope you will also find a strengthened resolve to see all that is good in your lives. For God is truly good and he has blessed each of us with so much. I know he will continue to do so as we express our gratitude for these blessings and seek ways to share them with others. It feels great to be back in the blogging community and I am happy to have you along for the ride!

Mahalo Nui Loa!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you're back. I always enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Oh there you are. I didn't know you'd gone private...just thought you weren't blogging anymore.
Welcome back Q.

Casey said...

Yeah! I'm glad it's not private anymore. I have to admit I would forget to check your blog. Now I'll change your blog address. THanks!

Casey said...

BTW, tell your mom that I've been missing her blogging lately. When she's all settled she needs to start up again. I love her writings also.

Leslie said...

Glad you are back. Are you able to keep all your other blogs written previously? It would be sad if you weren't. So sad that there are those who would ruin anything good, but glad you found a way around it.

I want to be able to read your blogs even though I am right here now experiencing it first hand.

Casey, thanks. I haven't had a computer to write my blogs, but I have written a few things in my journal that may be moved to the blog when I am able. The Pooh is trying to get my computer working, but it is quite a mess, I guess