At the beginning of July I took a camera lens to Kew's Camera Repair in Provo, Utah. I had the simplest request; disable the stabilizing mechanism. They informed me they were very busy and would not have the lens ready until They told me that they could not have the lens ready until the end of July. I wanted to have my lens back by the 24th for our trip back East, but what could I do? There were no other camera repair shops around that I was aware of....so I left it in their capable and apparently extremely slow hands.
Long story short...I just got my lens back this week. In all fairness and honesty, I should disclose that the lens was actually ready two weeks ago. Nonetheless, I have missed several photo opportunities such as Sarah's birthday, Leah's birthday, the Bliss Family Reunion, our trip to Pennsylvania and Ohio, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and more. Luckily, I have my old lens to back me up, but the point is that Kew's Camera Repair Shop didn't know that and I could have really been inconvenienced even more due to their inability to manage a simple business.
Apparently, there is so much business in the photo equipment repair gig and so few who are able to deliver that Kew's feels they can take their sweet time to get work done. It is enough to make me want to open Q's Camera Repair Shop right next door to them and guarantee fast service. There surely is enough business to go around to cause Kew's to not care less. They are awful and they are fully aware of it and don't care!
The most insulting part is that they still charged Pooh for the service when she picked the lens up for me! Even though the charge was only $26, I believe I will issue a stop payment on that check and pay the $20 fee just to send them a message that this is unacceptable.
Bottom Line...DON'T TAKE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT TO KEW'S!
1 comment:
After all that time they should have given it to you for free! I just noticed you had this blog. I didn't realize that your other blog went private. I wanna read! Anyways, Lou is looking so cute!
Post a Comment