Sunday, December 21, 2014

Random November Photos

November was a month consumed by my Father as we cared for him his final days and celebrated his departure from this place.  Somehow we managed to do a few other things on the side.  


Sarah gave Leah the option to see a Disney movie in the theater or go to a hockey game.  Much to the joy of my heart, she chose to go to the hockey game.  Go Grizz!  Go Leah!


Our good friends, Mike and Beth, gave us tickets for the game.  Unfortunately, at the last minute I couldn't go as I had to travel to be with DOD in So Cal.  Lucky for Jake, Leah's cousin, though as he got to take my place.  Go Grizz!  Go Jake!


It was Dax's first hockey game, but surely not his last.  


While none of my family are as big of hockey fans as I am, they did enjoy the game...mostly because of the cotton candy!


The kids got to spend some time at Lil' Gym for their cousin, Christian's birthday.  Here is Dax just hanging around.  


Both Leah and Dax seemed to like the parachute activity the best.


She's Batman!


I don't know if we were just so consumed with everything going on or what, but we didn't get any pics before, during or after the funeral...not at the luncheon or at the family dinner that night.  Sad.  Many were represented and a fun time was had by all as we celebrated Dad's life.  We did get a few pics of the kids playing though. 


While we were there for my Dad's funeral, Leah and Dax thoroughly had fun playing with their cousins, Grace, Jan and Lucas....and their toys.  


I love how much Leah loves her younger cousins.  She feels a little older than them now, but as they get older, I am certain they will be close.  I am super stoked that Dax will have a boy cousin among all his girl cousins...especially one his age as is Lucas.


Our plans initially were to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in Southern Cal, but after being away from home so much the last little bit, it was nice to be home and have a small and quiet Thanksgiving.  Doesn't Leah make the cutest pilgrim girl?



So this was it, our little family and Uncle Josh.  Uncle Jake and Aunt Erin joined us later in the day for dessert and games.  


We had a great spread.  Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, peas, candied yam, rolls, cranberry jelly, olives and my favorite, sage and cornbread stuffing with sausage.  Yum!  Josh also made a variety of cheesecakes for dessert.  


Here is Leah doing an impromptu dance number to the sounds of Nutcracker.


Leah took a spill at school this month, but took it like a champ!  


November was a month of deep reflection of how blessed I am now and have been throughout my life. It was a month of counting my blessings and missing the blessing of having Dad with us any longer.  I love this month as we focus on gratitude and this year was no different than the others before.  I realize I am deeply blessed.  Perhaps the most blessed man alive.  Happy November!

No comments: