Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Catching Up...Part 3...Business and Pleasure!

One of the things I love about my career is that I can easily mix business and pleasure.  Where ever I go, so long as I have access to internet and a cell signal, I can speak to and communicate with customers and potential customers and work.  It is a two edged sword though which means I make no money if you aren't actually working, meaning, I don't get paid vacations.  On occasion, I am afforded the opportunity to mix the two; business and pleasure. 
 
Sarah and Dax waiting for the Dancing Fountains at the Bellagio

Simply put, I hate Las Vegas.  That being said, I was excited for Leah to see the fountains and the Eiffel Tower.

Leah loves anything Paris.  She gets it from her Mother.

Vive La France, Leah!

Having just been on a vacation in Southern California and returning to Utah, I had the opportunity to attend a day training seminar to help me sharpen my skills in insurance.  The seminar was in Las Vegas so the timing and location was perfect!  While I attended the seminar, Sarah and the kids were able to get some fun shopping done and then picked me up for dinner.  After dinner we hit the pool.   We had a great time.  The best part was the fact that this was a legitimate business trip too!
The Bellagio has an amazing atrium.  Too bad it is so crowded all the time.



Dax was not too happy that he couldn't run free, but he enjoyed the atrium.

Here is Leah showing off her new swimsuit.  As we were driving back to the hotel, she explained to me that her new swimsuit has "Hawai'i Biscuits" on them.  HAHA!  I had no idea what she was talking about until I saw the flowers.


Dax also wore trunks with hibiscus on them.  The swimming was surely the kids' favorite part of Vegas.

After two days in Vegas, we headed to Pine Mountain State Park for a Howe Insurance Brokerage company picnic.  It was a great opportunity to reconnect with my partners, Matt and Katie and to get to know the new guy, Steven, a little better.  The kids got along well and enjoyed playing together.  It really is too bad we don't live closer to everybody else down South.  Sometimes it gets difficult working as a solo dude while trying to build something worthwhile. 
 
Add caption
We all went on a little hike to a stream nearby.  It was HOT, but not as hot as it was in the St. George Valley.
Dax was not afraid of the water and the unknown at all. 
 
Matt and Katie.  We have more pictures of the kids and our families, but I need to steal them from Sarah's phone.  The quality of these pics are pretty pathetic.

It was interesting trying to explain the incident and history behind it to Leah.  She grasped it and was saddened by the outcome.
After the picnic at Pine Mountain, we stopped at one of the memorials to the Mountain Meadows Massacre
After a long and hot day at Pine Mountain, we headed home where we could unwind from a busy, fun, sad, happy, long, tiring, enjoyable and relaxing trip that included everything anybody could think of; funeral, reunion, camping, beach, LEGOLAND, Las Vegas, work, training, swimming, eating, picnicking and driving A LOT!  It was a great trip.


I love building memories with these people.  I AM the most blessed man!


  

No comments: