Merry Christmas! I know, I'm a little late. Life seems to get faster and busier with every passing year. The unfortunate result is that I fall behind in blogging, photo cataloging and journal writing. I do my best to keep up, but sometimes it just isn't possible. Better late than never, eh?
THE TRAIN TO TEMPLE SQUARE
We have many traditions. Sometimes I believe we have too many. If you ever think you have too many, have the futile debate in your head as to which traditions you should keep or ditch! It's impossible. They are a traditions because they are important and enjoyable. One of our favorite Christmas traditions is to ride the train to downtown Salt Lake City to see the Christmas Lights and Nativity at Temple Square with the Reeds.
 |
| Me and my Snow Angel |
 |
| Half the Reeds |
 |
| The Other Half...if you substitute Jake for Dax. |
 |
Sarah and Leah
I think the kids like riding the train more than they do the actual visit to Temple Square. |
 |
| Dax n' Dad |
 |
| Dax loves anything that has anything to do with Trains. |
 |
If you've never been to Temple Square it is a wonderful experience. It is a bit crowded
some nights, but the narrated Christmas story by Pres. Monson truly spreads the
Christmas Spirit |
 |
It amuses me when others ignorantly state that Mormons don't believe in Christ.
You can't go anywhere at Temple Square without feeling the Spirit of Christ. |
 |
| Uncle Josh and Possibly soon to be Aunt Marie joined us for the festivities. |
 |
I enjoyed sharing the history of the tabernacle and the amazing engineering
accomplishment that it is. I don't think Leah got it or cared, but she
acted like she did and that made Daddy happy. |
 |
| I'm so blessed by these two. I'm glad they have such love for eachother. |
 |
| I love my family! |
 |
| Merry Christmas from the Reeds and Trospers! |
 |
Dax enjoying the Nativity Scene. He particularly liked baby Jesus. He kept proclaiming,
"THERE'S BABY JESUS!!!" |
 |
| They did a great job of making this seem like a painting. |
 |
| Leah had fun too. |
 |
| None of us were too fond of the "U" beanie, but Leah loved the Real Salt Lake scarf |
 |
| After a fun time at Temple Square it was time to head back home on the train. |
 |
Dax is much like his Dad. He loves trains, but can't seem to stay awake on them
long enough to enjoy them. |
 |
| I love making memories with this crew of mine. Even if those memories are of them sleeping. |
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures of a heavenly place wirh people that i love.
Post a Comment