Thursday, May 18, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter is such a great holiday.  It is an undercelebrated holiday in today's secular world caught up in commercialism and non-sensical traditions.  It is for me though, an opportunity to quietly reflect in my faith and my love for my Elder Brother that gives me so much to be thankful for.  I am such a flawed being and I'm so grateful that His grace and mercy allows an avenue to make up the difference between this flawed existence and my full potential.  This Easter, I am grateful for His love for me, such love that he would die for me and suffer for me.  In that testimony I have reason to believe I am of great worth.  In that I know I never have to suffer alone.  I always have somebody who understands my burdens and my trials.  I always have somebody to lean upon when the going seems so tough that there is not strength to continue.  He makes up that difference and I'm grateful.  Truthfully, I'm grateful for these things all year long, though there are times I am more aware than others...I am always aware.  It's just nice to set aside another day, once a year, to reflect and celebrate His great love and the love of His Father who gives me all that makes me the most blessed man that I am.  Happy Easter! 
 
Now, on to all that commercial and non-sensical stuff that helps to make the holiday fun as well as important.
 
Easter Portraits
Sarah loves getting these kids portraits done every Easter.  I'm glad she is diligent at it.


I love this pic.  It totally captures Dax's personality.  He's such a funny kid. 


These two can fight like cats and dogs, but they are also best of friends.  Dax
is now at that stage when he states proudly that he wants to "marry Leah". 
I'm glad they love eachother so willingly.  Leah is a great big sister and tries
to be tolerant of her little 4 year old punk. 


She's all girl and so sweet.
 
Family Easter Egg Hunt
Dax...always being a monkey!

We headed over to the Wilson Farm in West Jordan to do an Easter Egg Hunt
on the Saturday before Easter.  Then we had a big Easter dinner.  Yum!  Here
are all the kids anxiously awaiting the "Go Time" to run out the door and find
their eggs.

While the rest of the suckers walked around looking for eggs, Dax rode around
in style. 


Each of the kids had colored eggs that were designated as their eggs.  I don't
know whose idea it was, but it was a genius idea.  Here is Leah looking for her
purple eggs.

Cole showing off his Golden Egg.  Each of the kids could find and collect a golden egg too.
I believe the golden eggs had cash money in them.  Maybe a $1 or $2.


By the time we got around to designating a color for Dax's eggs, all the colors were taken so,
Sarah had another genius idea to make his eggs multi-colored.  Each half being a different
color than the other half. 


Leah and her Golden Egg.

Of course, it wouldn't be the family Easter Egg Hunt without the Uncles stealing
eggs from their Nephews. 

Baby Reagan and Aunt Erin looking on over the hoopla.

Dax was so stressed that Reagan was going to take his eggs.  This of course
was on the heals of their Arizona trip where Reagan apparently showed way
too much attention to Dax. 





For a kid that waited and stared at the food for so long, he ate very little.

Uncle Duane showing off his grace. 

Coloring Eggs 
The holiday kind of creeped up on us this year so we ended up dying eggs the
night before Easter.  Barely made it by the skin of our teeth!

Dax and I showing off our works of art.

Sarah and her "Mom" egg.





Easter Morning
As per usual, the kids woke up to find their Easter baskets, quickly unwrap
and eat some of their chocolates and review their toys, and then hustled off
to get ready for church. 

What would an Easter basket be without a kite?!


Or Peeps?!


Marley got nuttin'!  She doesn't deserve anything!  We let her smell our eggs.



I'm the cutest bunny ever.


The family loot. 

Easter morning cinnamon and orange rolls






I don't know why I look so dark in this pic.

There.  This is better!

Of course, Grandma Leslie and Grandmama spoiled the kids all over again
after church. 





Lookin' for more goodies.

Aunt Lynette's and Uncle Ray's
We had a great Easter dinner at Uncle Ray and Aunt Lynette's, then we played
an Easter Egg game similar to Jenga wherein you try to get the eggs to drop
rather than hunt for them.  It was fun. 

Leah drew first blood with the first group of eggs to fall.

Sarah strategically choosing which stick to remove.

Looks like Aunt Lyn hit the jackpot!


Happy Easter, Sarah!

Dax enjoying some fruit pizza. 
 
I hope your Easter was as great as ours and that your home was filled with the peace and love of the holiday as it was intended. 

No comments: