A neighbor one street over from me is knee deep in his fifteen minutes of fame. In the last few days, he has been on Yahoo, MSN, The Today Show, The View and he ain't done yet!

Dale Price was already a local celebrity around our neighborhood. Every year he spooks up his house and property for Halloween. A task that takes him a month to set up. He is on the news every year it seems, as he is recognized for his passion for the holiday. He is also the owner of Pegleg Paintball which is a strong foundation for the paintball world in Utah.

This year, as his son, Rain, began taking the bus for the first time to high school, he set out to embarrass him...as any good Father would do. He sat outside the house and simply waved at his son as the bus drove by. This immediately turned into a daily routine, only Dale didn't leave it at that. He began dressing up in different outfits, all in an effort to make his son blush. You can catch all his costumes on his site, www.waveatthebus.blogspot.com.

I can't say I know him well, but I like the guy for sure. I really don't think this is his last shot at fame. He may be the type that will create fame fifteen minutes at a time, but definitely not the type to find it once. Everyone can learn from this life loving family! Wave On and Rock On, Dale!

1 comment:
I heard about Dale on many shows and the news too, but never realized he was a neighbor here in town. That makes it even more awesome.
Alot have thought that this would be hard on the kid, but Rain seems to get the joke and laugh right along with his dad.
I can't imagine carrying it on that long. I would get tired way before my son would.
My kids kid me about kidding them. I know I embarrassed them alot as they grew up, and I know they just say "That's Mom". I'm sure Rain knows it wouldn't do any good to be embarrassed....well maybe that's what caused the whole event in the first place. It just challenged Dad to just that.
Post a Comment