 |
| The group after the long trek South. |
Some time ago, Sarah's Mom moved to Arizona. Unfortunately, she likes it there. Fortunately, she spends almost as much time up here as she spends down there, so we don't miss her terribly. I'm glad we get to see her often and I hope that doesn't end. However, she is constantly wanting us to visit her there, but truthfully, I see no reason to want to visit Arizona other than her. The state does nothing for me. I've spent plenty of time there, stayed at the nicest resorts and eaten at the poshest restaurants. I've seen their few points of interest and played golf at their most excellent clubs, but I feel no draw to that place even still.
Sarah being the master of all solution finders, has devised a plan wherein she and Molly take the kids on Spring break to visit her Mom. They have a fun time, they get away from their home duties, but I doubt it is much of a vacation being with 6 kids in a single automobile. Nonetheless, their Mom is important to them, as she should be, and so they make the trek and have a fun time in spite of the place.
Outside of my negative rantings on the state, I can't speak much to what they did. I have a vague idea and I know the cost, but if you want any details, you will have to persuade Sarah to make a rare appearance on the blog to add commentary. For the time being, here are some photos they took while they were on their pilgrimage to the seventh ring of hell....I mean, Arizona.
 |
| The enjoyed some time at M&M World in Las Vegas |
 |
They did get to go fishing which made the kids extremely happy considering
they got fishing poles for Easter. Unfortunately, the closest thing they caught
was a piece of copper. They still had fun. |
 |
Apparently Grandpa can't pick the hot spots when
it comes to fishing, but they had a fun time with
him and the gang nonetheless. |
 |
Of course, Sarah and her Sister (Molly, seen here)
enjoyed the opportunity to chat and catch up. |
 |
| Apparently they rode a train somewhere. |
 |
They all hiked up to Hole in the Rock. The place was creatively named that because
there is....you guessed it...a hole in the rock. |
 |
| Whether in Arizona, Utah, Europe, the islands or wherever, she's a beauty. |
 |
| Grandma Tine keeping Dax company as he brings up the tail. |
 |
| My everything near a hole in a rock. |
 |
| Dax's big cousins are always there to give a hand or hug. |
 |
| Three beauties! |
 |
| Dax rolled that rock all the way up from the valley floor. |
 |
| A well deserved rest, lunch and swim. |
 |
| Of course, these two are inseparable. |
 |
| Cole and Elijah laying out and looking for chicks. |
 |
| As per normal, where there is destruction, there is Dax. |
 |
| Turning Elijah into some sea horse creature. |
 |
| Lunch at Ikea |
 |
| Somebody's happy! Leah getting chocolate wasted! |
 |
| "Yeah, yeah. We get it. There are cactus in Arizona." |
 |
| Our two resident Minecraft nerds. |
 |
They visited a restaurant to celebrate Grandpa Dave's birthday. It seemed like a fun place, kind
of like an outdoor beach party/restaurant. They all had fun. |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Grandpa Dave. |
 |
| One final stop on the way home to see the Hoover Dam and an Arizona sign. |
So that's Sarah, Leah and Dax's Spring break to Arizona. I'm sure there were many minutes spent doing other things. I know they watched movies and hunted for scorpions. They also picked oranges and talked about how hot it gets there. They had a fun time. I'm glad. Maybe I'll venture down there sometime when I have more time to do things. In the meantime, hopefully Grandma Tine gives into the right side and moves back up here where she belongs with all of us. Hint Hint. Wink Wink. Nudge Nudge.
No comments:
Post a Comment