I hate Halloween. I hate spending the money on the costumes, pumpkins and candy. I hate digging out pumpkin innards. I hate getting dressed up. I hate begging strangers for candy. I hate spending money on dentistry work. I know, I know. I'm the Halloween equivalent to Christmas' Scrooge. I'm okay with that. I've learned to mostly smile and let it happen. Why? Because my wife loves it so much, and as a result my kids love it too. That is the one upside to Halloween. I enjoy watching my kids get excited about something and their happiness is my happiness. I enjoy the family time as we celebrate "Pumpkin Day" or spend time together at other Fall activities that surround the holiday. In comparison to the annoying likes and habits and quirks that I have that Sarah has to put up with, I've got it pretty easy and it's relatively contained to a few days and a few bucks. If it makes her happy, I'm all for it...I guess. Boo-hum-bug!
 |
| Shopping for pumpkins |
 |
| "Hey! This one's shaped like me!" |
 |
| This kid loves tractors |
 |
| Dax and his Cousin, Emerson, playing in the corn box. |
 |
| Sarah and her Sister, Molly. |
 |
| They look so enthused to be riding on the hay ride. |
 |
| Dax debating whether or not to push Emerson off the hay cliff. |
 |
| Looks like he made the right decision. |
 |
| Leah and Dax having fun with Aunt Candace at Hee Haw's |
 |
| More fun, this time with Leah! |
 |
Baby Reagan and her first ride on The Heber Creeper.
L to R: Cole, Erin, Reagan & Jacob |
 |
| Riding the rails like a couple hobos! |
 |
| L to R: Duane, Emerson, Molly & Elijah |
/
 |
| Leah and her friend being silly. |
 |
| Dax and Jakey hangin' with Grandma Leslie. |
 |
| Selfie with the Reeds |
 |
| Margot and Leah. Sisters. |
 |
| Leah was telling me a scary Halloween train story. |
 |
| Clickety clack. Clickety clack. Clickety clack. |
 |
| A family that rides the rails together, stays together. |
 |
| Resting after selecting their pumpkins. |
 |
| CHEESE! |
 |
Dax looks confused. He's a contradiction of super heroes. Dressed
like Spider-Man, but toting a Bat Man backpack. |
 |
Our little Pikachu. This was in Colorado when Leah was visiting her cousin, Lily. They went
trunk or treating. |
 |
| Leah and Lilly |
 |
| Mom the witch. |
 |
| Mom and Grandma trunk or treating in Colorado. |
 |
| Dax, his friends and his Teacher, Ms. Barton, at PreSchool |
 |
| Collecting the spoils of Halloween at Grandma and Grandma Grandma's house. |
 |
| Grandmas are always good for some candy. You don't even need to dress up! |
 |
Sarah and Grandma...a couple witches, taking Spider-Man and Pikachu out
for some Halloween fun. |
 |
The cousins came over and enjoyed some Jack-o-Lantern Pizzas and then
went trick or treating. |
 |
| Uncle Josh the 4-eyed Spider-Man. |
 |
| Proof, that even at Halloween, I'm the most blessed man. |
 |
| I love this witch. She's a good witch. |
Until next year...Happy Haunting!
1 comment:
BOO! I don't know why you don't like all this fun
Post a Comment