Friday, January 27, 2017

Happy Birthday, Daxalicious.com!

 
I was talking with a friend the other day who is roughly the same age as me, but his youngest son is moving out to go to college.  We discussed how old we've become that we are old enough to have married children, kids in college and even old enough to have grandchildren!  I pointed out in our discussion that I feel behind schedule with all of the friends my age, as my oldest is 8 and my youngest just turned 4.  I also realized that my kids keep me young while simultaneously helping me better understand that I'm getting older and more out of shape.  Seriously, playing and wrestling with this kid above, helps keep me young and on my toes.  At the same time, I realize the difficulty I experience to keep up with him at my age of nearly 50.  CRAP!  To actually type "5 0" really hits hard!
 
I can't believe he's 4 now.  Like his older Sister, it was not an easy task to bring this kid into the world.  That path took us to several experts and around the world, and was filled with trials, heartache, lots of time passing on the calendar and tens of thousands of dollars.  It was worth every trip, every trial, every heartache, every minute and every penny.  When we found out we were having a boy, a flood of excitement and fear filled me.  Such has been the case nearly every day since.  Happy Birthday, Dax!  (aka - Daxalicious.com, Poopypants.com, Cap'n Underpants)
 
As with all birthdays in our house, Sarah did a great job.  In fact, she knew 10 months prior that Dax was going to have a Toy Story birthday party, so, 10 months earlier, we dressed the kid up as Woody from the movie and set out for Calico Ghost Town so that we could get a picture for his invitation.  Seriously, Sarah is amazing.  She does a fantastic job and I think (I hope) the kids appreciate all she does for them.  Here are a few pics of the event.
 


Sarah had a "Guess how many army men in the Woody jar" contest.  I believe
Ethan Kelley won with an exact guess. 

Me and my posse.



There was even a Mr Potato Head table for the kids to play with. 

 
Leah and Marissa playing "Ring Toss on the Martian"

Ethan reading a Christmas story to the kids.  An unplanned part of the party,
but the kids loved it.
 
 
There was also a best costume contest.  Marie won. 

Baby Reagan is learning to walk, so she was a great source of entertainment, but here she is
on Daddy's shoulders.

Present time!  Dax got way too many presents.  It was fun watching him open them.  With
each gift he opened, he expressed the most excited and genuine enthusiasm about what he had
received...then toss it on the floor as if he didn't care and open the next gift.  Funny kid.

You can see that "most genuine and enthusiastic" response on his face here. 


Of course, he showed everybody gratitude for the gifts and for their attendance.  Especially
his Big Sissy.
 
Grandma Grandma came too, but it was past her bedtime.  :)  We call Great Grandma,
"Grandma Grandma" or "Grandmama" or "Gramma Gramma".  Dax has learned to shorten
it and calls her "2 Grandmas".  He may also refer to their house as "2 Grandmas house"
because it's shorter than saying, "Grandma's and Grandma Grandma's house".  Either way,
it's funny.

And Grandma Leslie was there.  All smiles as usual.  She loves her little Daxy Boy.
 
The next morning was his actual birthday and he woke up to this.

Confused at first...."What is this?"  Then he got really excited.

 
Happy Birthday to my big boy, my special boy, my little punk and my little man.  You make me happy and you keep me young. 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

With tears in my eyes, "awwww".