Random photographic evidence of Leah's awesome Summer!
 |
It was a growth Summer for Leah. Among other things, like learning
to love to read and learning to ride her bike, she learned to roller skate! |
 |
| This girl's natural habitat is in the water on a sunny day. |
 |
This Summer was no exception as we continued the tradition of Daddy Daughter
Cookie and Soda Day, every Saturday. |
 |
This Princess would ask, hint or beg on a daily basis to go get a shave
ice. Her favorite was tigers blood. |
 |
Some days gave us a glimpse into the future teenager Leah. Sassy, wanting
to do nothing but stay on the ipad or phone, or, like in this picture, sleeping in
too late. Marley says, "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" |
 |
| She's a nut. A flexible nut, but a nut nonetheless. |
 |
| Leah has always been a gem to travel with. |
 |
| This is the sign she made for me and hung for me on my bed post on Father's Day. |
 |
Learning to skate. She was a bit hesitant, but I don't know why. She got the
skate mate and used it for all of 10 minutes then never looked back. |
 |
This poor little girl has been so patient to learn roller skating from her Old Man.
With 3 different types of arthritis, there is rarely a good time. I knew I had
a slow week ahead of me so I doped up on steroids and we finally got to go. I
paid for it for the next week, but it was worth it to see the smile on her face. |
 |
| Mom even got in on the boogeying on wheels. |
 |
| There's that smile I was talking about. |
 |
One of our late nights out on the back patio in the hammocks. She and Dax are fun to
visit with. |
 |
| An unsolicited drawing of our family by Leah. |
 |
| The most precious note written by Leah on the other side of the picture. |
 |
Sarah and the kids got to celebrate Caitlin's birthday with her new groom,
Zach, with some frozen yogurt. On a related note, we're excited for Caitlin
and Zach as they are expecting a little one! |
 |
Another night of roller skating on a Daddy Daughter Date night. Leah was
feeling the music in her wheels and even started with some dance moves. She
is getting better. |
 |
| She's a Lumberjack and she's okay! |
 |
One day I was telling Leah that I have to move her back into position on her
bed every night as she is rolling stone when she sleeps. She thought I was
exaggerating so I took a few pics to prove to her what I meant. This is one
of those pictures. |
 |
| Yet another visit to the rink. |
 |
Leah baked her Mom a birthday cake at her Grandma Leslie's house. She was so proud of
herself and so excited for us to taste it. We were reluctant as you never know what to expect
from kid chefs, but she did a wonderful job and the pumpkin spice cake with sugar glaze was
very tasty! She's got a great Grandma that does so many nice things with her. |
 |
| Sparklers on Pioneer Day |
 |
Leah has always been crazy about astronomy and the galaxy so she
was extra super stoked to watch her first eclipse. |
 |
What would a Summer of Leah be without cheerleading?! The
program is a big source of frustration as it doesn't seem to be ran in a
very organized manner, or at least the communication is shoddy. It
makes it hard to want to shell out more and more money every year for
her to participate, but she is so happy to wear the red, black and
white of the American Fork Cavemen! |
 |
Leah's favorite part of cheering at the football games is when
they hold up the banner for the players to run through. I wasn't
able to attend her first game because I was in the throws of
an arthritis flare up and couldn't walk, so she thoughtfully
saved me part of the banner and presented it to me when she
got home. She's a very thoughtful girl. |
 |
| Leah showing off her new duds, backpack and lunch box for her first day of school. |
 |
This is Leah's best bud and Sister from another Mister. I came into the garage
to find them playing "carpool". They were taking turns pretending to be the
Mom and taking the kids to school. |
 |
| Catching some rays with Mom in the backyard. |
 |
She's a sweet wee lass. Going to the Scottish games always invokes a conversation about
heritage, her Scottish and Native American heritage by adoption and her German heritage
by birth. She has expressed wanting to learn Scottish and Germanic dancing. |
 |
I know, I know. When you think of Scottish festival, you think of face paint
and Dalmations. Who doesn't?! Well, Leah certainly does. She looks forward
to it from the moment she finds out we're going. |
Leah had a great Summer and we hope you did too!
1 comment:
I love this little girl! She is so fun ! 😙😘😍😚💖💖💖💖
Post a Comment