It seems like Summer was just a few months ago, yet it's now two seasons back. The next Summer is almost closer than the one that has passed already. Where does the time go?
 |
It makes me happy that Dax always wants to help me with the lawn. He's a
good kid. I hope he learns to love working outdoors and to appreciate hard
work and a job well done. |
 |
Summer isn't officially here until Leah and Dax get together with the Reed boys to kick off
the season with fun activities. |
 |
Dax's complexion was made for Summer. His hair gets blond and his skin
turns dark. |
 |
| Both Dax and Leah advanced in their swimming certification. |
 |
| We got to spend some time with our favorite little redhead. |
Josh is getting married! You heard that right. Sarah's brother, Joshua, and his girlfriend, Marie, sealed the deal this Summer. It was a beautiful venue and I'm told a beautiful ceremony. I wouldn't know as Dax got stung by a bee right as the wedding party began walking down the aisle, so I had to take him off so he could panic and scream elsewhere. I missed the whole thing. The reception was fun though. :)
 |
Josh and Marie asked Leah to be the flower girl. She did a great job and took that job very
seriously and proudly. |
 |
| Dax and Reagan dancing |
 |
| Leah and her old man dancing |
 |
| It was a fun reception, but I was tired and had stolen Leah's corsage. |
 |
On the tables at the reception, they had art to color and Crayolas for
the kids. It wasn't until I started to color one that I realized all the
pictures were of animals farting. Here is a pic of Josh holding up
the picture of a bear farting that I colored. |
 |
| Dax was excited to send them off with a bang...well, at least a sparkle. |
 |
| Our favorite Summertime activity is the consumption of Hawai'ian shave ice |
 |
Our other favorite Summertime activity is hanging out on
the back patio as the Sun retires. |
 |
| We made a few pizzas... |
 |
This Summer brought a few new lives into ours. Caitlin had a baby girl named Kaydian.
Our neighbor Candace had a baby girl named Laura (seen here with Leah) and Molly had
a baby boy named Jonah. |
 |
Summer wasn't all fun and games. We took a break from all the fun to visit
the dentist. Dax doesn't mind the dentist.... |
 |
| Leah...not so much. |
 |
One night while Mom went to Time Out For Women, Leah, Dax and I went
out to dinner to the chop chop house. |
 |
| Dax and his cronies planning something... |
 |
Once a year (hardly enough) we get together with my good friend, Andy and
her husband, Kieth. Usually for dinner and a concert. This time we went and
saw Barenaked Ladies and Better Than Ezra. We always enjoy our time with
Andy and Keith. |
 |
| Sarah and he kids spoiled me for Father's Day |

 |
I'm not sure what the story is here, but clearly Leah is
consoling her brother, Dax and it warms my heart. |
 |
We love our country and the freedoms it affords. We do our best to instill that love
and pride in our kids always, but especially on the 4th of July. |
 |
Saran and I took Leah to see Newsies. Leah is much like her Mother and
loves theater and musicals. |
 |
| It's nice to have cousins close to the kids in age, location and relation. |
 |
When I had my Jeep, Joe got hooked and has been a Jeep guy ever since.
Knowing that I miss my Jeep and having just got a new one himself, Joe and
Brenda invited us out for dinner and a drive up the canyon. |
 |
With Sarah to be the next to enter the intersection, this unfolded in front of her.
A high speed chase ended in collision and a whole group of police, with
weapons drawn descended on he suspect. I'm grateful Sarah wasn't involved.
With her so close, this is just one of the pics she got. |
 |
Of course, Steel Days is a special time of year in American Fork. Sarah, the
kids and I got our fill of the car show and the carnival. |
 |
I passed two more kidney stones. The first was huge; about the size of a
peppercorn! Luckily they were perfectly round and relatively smooth |
 |
Leah's Activity Day Girls group had a Father/Daughter luau activity. We had good food,
learned to hula, played games and honored the girls as they honored their Fathers. |
 |
One of the games was a relay race. Leah had to shave my face and tie my tie and I had to
paint her nails and braid her hair. We came in third. |
 |
| Leah's leaders did an amazing job. We had a blast. |
 |
We came home one day and there was a tractor parked in front of our house. Dax wanted to
get in it, but it was too dirty for him so he just climbed up it for a picture. |
 |
| Dax and his army helmet made of cardboard. |
 |
| Dax enjoying some fries and a frosty on Daddy/Dax Date. |
 |
| Dax loves trains. Here he is with his engineer hat on playing with a train set. |
 |
On a couple occasions I had the pleasure of running into this guy, Elder Calta. He is the son
of my good friends, Gena and Michael. He was serving his mission here in Utah County. |
 |
| Dax the paleontologist, looking for fossils. He found a tooth... |
 |
| His expression of excitement says it all. |
 |
| Leah and her friends and their impromptu Kool Aid stand. |
 |
| We made time to visit the Utah State Fair and the Circus. |
 |
| Carnival food is the highlight always. Here is Sarah and Dax with their footlong corndog. |
 |
I missed my 30 year reunion this year. I'm not much of a reunion guy. I
enjoyed my high school career, but have no interest in reliving it. I'm quite
fortunate to have stayed very close with several friends throughout the year
and that suits my needs fine. It was fun to reconnect online with several
friends from high school that I have not been as in touch with as I would
have preferred. It was nice to reconnect with my friend Kelly. She lives 10
minutes from me and this is the first time we've seen eachother. Sad. It
was good to see her. |
 |
In February they announced an NHL game would be played in SLC. I
immediately planned on going. Little did I know the game would be played
between my two favorite teams, The Los Angeles Kings and The Vancouver
Canucks. Sarah donned the Black and White and I went with an older Nucks
jersey. We had a fun time. Nucks lost. |
 |
| For Jim's birthday we took he and Sam to see a play at the Desert Star Theatre. |
 |
| Reagan chilling with Marley on one of her visits. |
 |
I was very honored when Kaden VanAusdal recognized me at his
Eagle Court of Honor as his mentor. I will keep that pin close to me
with great value. Thanks, Kaden. |
 |
| Sarah turned 29 this Summer....again. |
 |
Leah and Dax went to an outdoor concert with their Grandma and their
Great Grandma. |
 |
| The kids attended several craft classes at Michaels and Home Depot and Lowes. |
 |
| They also got their climb on a few times. |
 |
| Alas, all good things must come to an end...School. Ugh. |
 |
| Just a couple guys out on the town in matching aloha shirts. |
 |
This Summer we celebrated 16 years of marriage. I am so blessed. Seriously.
We were supposed to go to dinner with our good friends, but they had to back
out at the last minute do to an illness. We were bummed, but had a fun time
anyway. Imagine our surprise when the waitress told me our high bill had
been paid for! Thanks guys! |
 |
| If there is one good thing about Summer ending, it's that football begins. |
No comments:
Post a Comment