Only 10 Weeks left. It is getting real! I can't believe it! This weekend, we, along with our Mothers, The Lou and Pooh's Sister, Molly, went to do a 3D sonogram. Truthfully, I was a little disappointed. The nurse explained that #2 was using the placenta as a pillow and it was covering his face. Therefore, she was unable to get a great picture. Nonetheless, it still made it more real. Seeing his nose, eyes, ears, feet, legs, arms, hands, figs and hair helped it settle in a little bit more. HE IS COMING SOON! Crazy!
His heartbeat is strong. We saw him exercising his lungs and apparently he has a lot of hair. He is in the 45th percentile regarding his weight and length. Everything is just perfectly on track. We are so excited for him to arrive, but there is so much for us to do before he arrives! We need to paint and decorate his room, organize his closet, find a home for all the crap that found it's way into his room over the last two years, get the rest of the house ready for company...and...and...and...oh yeah...GIVE HIM A NAME! Please feel free to suggest any names in the comments section.
We came home that day from the ultrasound and immediately went to work on his room. My brother-in-law, Duane, came over and helped me paint. I thought we did a pretty good job. Sarah picked the colors and will be going with a nautical theme for the little grom. What do you think?
I think I did a pretty good job. The Lou loves it and is anxious to show anyone who comes over. "Wanna' see my baby brother's room? It's brown and the paint is dry." She makes me smile. She has really embraced the thought of this little guy coming into her life. She struggles a little bit when it comes to sharing the limelight, but she is also very excited to be a big Sister. She has gotten some attention out of it as well, and a few presents!
We have already been blessed with so much support and love. I feel it necessary to let everyone know, there is no need for gifts. Thank you for all you have given us over the years as you have followed our journey to build our little family. Nonetheless, the women in Pooh's family have taken her to lunch and showered her with gifts as has both Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunt Kathy and even her friend Loretta. My Mum, and good friends, Brenda, Andra and Dana are putting together an open house on November 3rd. Mother and son are grateful for every ounce of love they have felt.
Pooh is feeling great. She is starting to feel some discomfort as the little guy kicks her bladder or sits on her sciatic nerve, but other than some discomfort and fatigue, she is feeling fantastic. She has been lucky enough to not experience morning sickness and hasn't had any crazy cravings. In fact, the only change in diet would be that she has lost her craving for candy! She looks fantastic and I think she is as beautiful as ever! I understand now the glow others speak of when discussing pregnant women. Sarah has that glow and she is so happy and grateful for the experience. I love her so much. Seriously, I AM THE MOST BLESSED MAN!
It is still surreal, but more real every day. 30 weeks down and 10 to go!









6 comments:
I'm so happy for you uncle mark I'm happy to see your little family growing ... hopefully my husband and I will be bless to say I'm pregnut again here soon but just waiting on the fertility process to become a success... but hope these 10 week role by quick.. best of luck to u and your wife
I never knew you had another blog! It's a good thing you posted on Milo's bday... I had heard about the baby though, so congrats on that - and I'll be adding you to my google reader now... Say hi to the pregnant girl for me!
So sweet Q. The nursery looks amazing. Your wife is lovely and that daughter of yours is gonna be a heart breaker!!
We are so excited for the arrival of your little man.
Eran is a great name and no one uses it much... Just saying.
We are so happy for you guys! And what a huge blessing to not have morning sickness. She looks great. The count down begins!
I feel the happiness you all are experiencing through your words and pictures ..and I can't help but feel happy too. Thanks. --Love that Sarah's bump picture!
Post a Comment