The Lou recently started her 2nd year of pre-school at the Busy Hands Pre-School. She absolutely loves it! She declares at least once a day, usually at a strategic time to get out of doing something else, "I Have To Do My Homework!" I love that she enjoys learning. I hope she maintains that enthusiasm for homework throughout all her years of schooling.
She is so bright and her little brain absorbs things that surprise me regularly as they naturally spill out of her. For example, she and I were walking to the bathroom at the campground a couple weeks ago (at 2am) when she looked up at the stars and said, "Daddy, what constellation is that?" "Constellation?!" I thought to myself. What 3 year old uses that word?! I asked her if she knew what a constellation was and her reply was, "A gathering of stars". Again, even the word "gathering" seemed advanced to me. Then again, she is my first and I have nothing to compare her to, but she certainly seems smart to me!
2 comments:
She's smart. I know because I have 4 smarties at my house. :) Seriously, I wouldn't have used that word at my age. What a cutie. It's amazing what they absorb. It's also scary - you never know what else sticks in there brain that you don't want in there.
Smart indeed like her parents! --My lil Sophia loved homework/school in kindergarten and was a total sponge. She's in 1st grade and still thriving. Learning just clicks for many kids.
Post a Comment