Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Continuation of, "Conversations On A Swing"


Tonight, I was working on the lawn around the swingset while The Lou did a fantastic job of kicking and pumping herself!  While she kicked and pumped and I edged and weeded, we talked.  It went something like this:

Daddy:  "Baby, you are doing great!  You can pump and kick yourself on the swing"
The Lou:  "I know, Daddy!  I am fast!"
Daddy:  "You are SO fast!"
The Lou:  "God made me so fast!"
Daddy:  "He did, didn't he?!"
The Lou:  (While looking up towards heaven) "Thank you, God."
The Lou:  "I told God 'Thank You' so that he will make me even faster."
Daddy:  "That is right, babe.  When we express thanks, he enjoys blessing us"
The Lou:  "Like in prayers!"
Daddy:  "Yes, exactly."

Isn't she a peach?!

2 comments:

Jinky said...

Awww, so precious. Smart young girl! ..and Daddy too!

Leslie said...

So sweet! I'm grateful for the Lou!