Friday, October 17, 2014

Mama!


This Woman!  What a wonderful woman!  She is superb!  She is my Mama!
I am not an emotional mushy kind of guy.  Actually, I am.  Let me correct that statement.  I am not a "show my emotions, mushy" kind of guy.  It pains me to do so.  I think it pains my Mother that I do not do so more often.  Such is the life for a woman with three boys.  I know she is used to it by now, but I also know she wishes we were all more open with our feelings.  It ain't gonna' happen anytime soon, but I did want to share briefly the love and appreciation I feel for this lady on her birthday.  

I have experienced such happiness and success in this life; financial, spiritual, business, corporate, family, church, mission, community, neighborhood, sports, etc.  I attribute this to the strong work ethic I learned from my Dad and the art of human relations I learned from my Mom.  I know she is proud of me.  In fact, her view and opinion of my successes are probably grossly exaggerated in my favor.  She tends to lend me far too much credit and praise.  What she needs to understand is that the praise she gives me, she really gives herself.  For it is the abilities she has instilled in me, by word and example, that should be credited for anything good I have done and will do in this life.  Without her as my Mother, I would likely have not experienced a fraction of my success and happiness.  I make it no secret that it is by her, and the gracious love of my God, that I am who I am today.  Now, to be fair, this means she shares in my short comings as well.  And by short comings, I mean that she is responsible for how short I am.  Come on now.  We all know I don't have any other shortcomings!  Yeah!  Right!?

I love you, Mum!  I am so happy you live near to us.  My life and the lives of my family are greatly blessed by having you so close.  I hope your birthday was fun.  You deserve it.  (Birthday pictures to follow).

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Thank you for giving me credit for any of your successes. Dad and I always said you pretty much raised yourself, and taught us a few things along the way. But I do love the attention from my kids on my birthday and mother's day and any other day!!! I love you so much!