Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 ~ The Year In Review

2015 was fantastic!  Of course, the bar was lowered significantly by 2014 after dealing with (what felt like) near death health issues and the passing of my Father.  Nonetheless, 2015 proved to be chock full of memories and blessings along with hopes and promises for a brighter future.

Family:  It is everything.  It is the only thing.  It is what life is all about.  It amazes me how much love I can feel for a few people.  It saddens me that so many don't have what I do.   
 
Daxilicious is such a boy.  He's a little man.  I love his cuddles and sadly realize there will be a time when it isn't cool to cuddle with Dad.  I understand, so I get them while I can.  He is using the toilet for #1 regularly now, but still resisting to try #2.  He talks up a storm, as he always has, but now he actually says things and carries on a conversation with you.  He is so handsome, and he knows it.  He realizes he has the love and affection of everybody.  He likes to growl and laugh and often at the same time.  He is so smart and so confident.  He is not afraid of much.  He started pre-school this year, but because some of the kids in his church nursery class are also in his pre-school, he calls it church.  I love him so.  He is my special boy. 
 
Leah Loo is all girl.  She turned 7 this year.  She is loving cheerleading and also was involved with dance, soccer, gymnastics and piano...but cheer is her favorite.  She had her first piano recital this year as well as a dance performance and a couple cheer competitions.  She's a natural cheerleader as she loves attention and lives to make others smile.  She is also an amazing student.  She reads so well and is progressing wonderfully in math.  She loves her teacher and school, but will quickly tell you she loves her family most.  She is learning to give and care for those in lesser circumstances than herself and is wanting to be selfless (though it isn't always easy).  She is beautiful and smart and still has me wrapped around her finger.  I don't know what I did to deserve such a beautiful daughter inside and out, but I'm glad I did it. 
 
Sarah is amazing.  She's not perfect, but she's perfect for me.  Her accomplishments for 2015 are the accomplishments of everybody around her.  She is a wonderful Mother and the growth and experiences of our children and myself are a direct reflection on her ability as a Mother and wife.  She has taken so much time and given of herself as she has not only cared for me, Leah and Dax, but has also helped my Mom and Grandmother in many ways.  She alone makes me the most blessed man!
 
I am me.  My health was much improved this year.  I experienced little downtime as a result of my rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis.  I am working hard at building my business and learning a lot.  I teach primary and have enjoyed the class time with the kids.  In February of 2014 I set a goal to lose 100 lbs in 5 years.  Almost two years into it, I'm down 46 lbs with 54 more to go.  I grew a beard this year for the first time.  Sarah loved it, but didn't tell me until after I shaved it off.  I'm enjoying my family most of all and grateful for the opportunity I have to do so.  I look forward to a brighter 2016 and try not to let myself get discouraged by the world around me.

Lastly, Marley.  After much prodding and consistent begging, we got a dog.  Leah proved she could care for an animal by brushing and feeding the horses all Summer and Spring so I caved and brought home 6 month old, Marley.  She is a Dalmador; part Labrador and part Dalmation.  She is very smart and a fast learner.  She is patient with Dax who is mostly not kind to her and constantly tugging on her ears and tail.  Other than still being somewhat of a destructive puppy, she has wedged her way into our family and our hearts. 
 
I hope your 2016 proves to be your best year yet.  Happy New Year!
 
 




























































 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh. That the first time i saw all those pictures. They are wonderful. Every one of them.